Thank you #stalbert for Canada Day
It takes dozens of volunteers lead by City staff to do all the work that is required to host the Canada Day events and celebrations.
I reflect on the things July 1 that took place and I was able to visit a lot of sites through about 50 kilometers on my bike
- Volunteers with the Legion and donors for the Legion pancake breakfast where they fed over 500 this year
- Volunteers who served hundreds at beautiful the Botanic Park – strawberry and ice cream, lemonade and tea
- So many who assisted with the celebrations for the first time at Rotary Park. The park was gushing with face painting to games to song and dance
- City staff and volunteers who organized the tribute and celebration in front of St. Albert Place in the evening
- Fireworks organized by the City and the many volunteers
- The AHF who lead the Little White School House, the Grain Elevator Park, the Chapel all bustling with visitors with activities such as face-painting and arts and crafts
- I did not get to Servus Place but it is usually busy Canada Day.
All good on Canada Day in St. Albert
Thanks St. Albertans
Thanks to volunteers
Thanks to all departments from the City who provided the leadership and to the many staff who helped facilitate so much, from public works and barricades, firefighters, and more. There was garbage detail, policing, toiletry needs and more. Thanks to all who helped this in every aspect required.
NOTICE – This communication is intended only for the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, protected or legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any use, distribution, or copying of this communication or the information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and then destroy or delete this communication, or return it by mail as the sender requests.